.widget.ContactForm { display: none; }

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Just Doesn't Seem Right

I am alone
Because I show too much pain
I didn’t pick pain
Pain picked me
And I am doing the best I can

I am alone
Because I put distance
Between myself and those
I don’t agree with

He is alone
Because he is in too much pain
He didn’t pick pain
Pain picked him
And he is doing the best he can

So when thoughts come
That it would be easier to be alone
Away from the source of my pain
I think about the injustice of that

To do to him
What has been done to me
To do what I’m sure I’ve done to others
However unintentionally

To abandon someone
When they are in pain
Because they are in pain
Because the pain is hard to witness
And difficult to live with
That I cannot do

Not yet
Not to him
Not for a little while longer
Not without digging a little deeper
Not while I still have anything to offer
Not until I have to

Because to do anything less
To abandon someone
Because their pain is too painful
Just doesn’t seem right

No comments :

Post a Comment