.widget.ContactForm { display: none; }

Monday, August 26, 2013

Expectations

I forgot
How this works

I forgot that
The only way
To find peace

The only way
To make the pain
Stand down
When it kicks up again

Is to have no 
Expectations

Of him
Of the situation

It’s the expectations
That lead to disappointment

And he is in no frame of mind
To meet expectations

So for now
I will think only of  
The expectations
I have
Of me

And they are
To be kind
To be resourceful
To be patient
And when I’m not feeling patient
To shut up

To remember that
He is mostly broken still
With small pieces of wholeness

Instead of mostly whole
With small pieces of brokenness

There are so many ways
My expectations
Go unmet

But the question
For me is
Can I meet
My own expectations

No comments :

Post a Comment