.widget.ContactForm { display: none; }

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Rubble

Church is
Worship team practices
Did I get that note right
Humor filled sermons 
Hug filled greeting times
Committees, programs and outreach plans
Last minute scrambles for
Sunday School teachers
And oh no who
Will do coffee
This week

Grief is
Standing alone
In the rubble of 911
Covered in soot
Demolished inside
Lifting one piece at a time
Moving it aside
Taking one painful step
Then repeating
Every day
No progress to show for it
Exhausted

Thinking back every so often
To practices and greeting times
Plans and coffee times
Wondering
How any of that
Relates to
My rubble
Or anyone’s rubble
For that matter

Thinking
No offense but
How cute
Those old
Church problems
Were

Knowing
Those days
Are gone

Knowing someday
I’ll be out
Of the rubble

But the rubble
Won’t ever
Be out
Of me

Knowing
I won’t be
Sidetracked
By cute problems
Again

Not with
So much
Rubble
All around

No comments :

Post a Comment