.widget.ContactForm { display: none; }

Saturday, June 17, 2023

Yelling At A Flower Store

Yelling at a flower store 

Not out loud of course

But internally for sure

 

Allegedly because I have a question 

And can’t find staff to help 

And I don’t have all day

Don’t even have all minute

Hurry it along please

 

I want to buy two things of flowers

To plop in the new whiskey barrels

That sit empty in front of my house

Though given to me as a gift

Three weeks ago

 

This getting of the flowers 

Not looked upon

With any level of enjoyment

Or anticipation 

But rather 

As yet another task

I’m late 

To get done

 

So despite the florist’s words

About the importance

Of custom designing the arrangements 

Based on what speaks to me

I can’t muster up care

 

Because what speaks to me now

Is the hard blue of exhaustion

The coral shades of apathy

The pale yellows of needing 

All the errands to end

So I can find me again

 

No comments :

Post a Comment