.widget.ContactForm { display: none; }

Saturday, June 17, 2023

To The Person Who Might Active Shoot Me Someday


How

Are you

Today

 

What thoughts

Fill you mind

In these days, months, years maybe

Before the day 

You will kill me

 

Were you born enraged

Already angry

At anything

Everything

 

Or have the beginnings of hatred

Just begun

To creep up

In you

 

Have you noticed 

Within you yet

Signs of confusion or paranoia

Or is that still

On the horizon 

 

Could anything 

Have helped

Dissipate the hate

In your soul

 

Was there a treatment

Not sought

That could have brought

Relief to your mind

 

Have you thought yet

About buying a gun

 

Or are you still researching 

The best way to get one

 

Or do you already own one 

Or maybe several

 

Were they hard to get

 

Were you taught to shoot young

Or did you learn from Google

Or video games

 

Do you already have a plan

 

Have you cased the location 

Where my life will end

 

Have you played the scene through

In your mind

 

What do you feel when you do

 

Do you wonder how I am today

What I think about

 

Do you wonder 

If I’m angry

 

If I’m wild minded 

 

If I own a gun

 

If I too want more from life 

Than it’s given me

I do, by the way

 

Are you planning this

Because you hate 

Something I represent

 

Or because you believe

Death is a better option 

Than life

For all 

 

Do you see yet

The irony

 

That strangers

Whose paths cross for one day

 

Will forever

Be connected in history

 

Will forever share 

The same death date

 

I’m sorry about the hate in your heart 

 

I’m sorry about the brokenness in your mind

 

And whether your actions

Are rooted in hatred or brokenness

 

I’m sorry

You had access

To a gun

 

This is 

A battle

I cannot win

 

I can’t stop

A hatred that deep

An illness that acute 

A system that enmeshed

 

So I will spend 

My days left here

Soaking up happiness

Where ever I can 

 

Yet forever wondering

Where are you today

And is there anything that can be done


To help you

To heal you 

To alter the path you’re on

 

So that it never

Crosses mine

No comments :

Post a Comment