.widget.ContactForm { display: none; }

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Many Days

Many days
I woke up
Beyond empty

Certain
I couldn’t 
Face the day
Without God’s comfort

And there was no comfort

And the day happened anyway

And I got through that day
And the next one
And the one after that

Many days
The thought
Of a life
Without him
Was unthinkable

And then he was gone
Mentally vacated

And I lived my life anyway

And it changed me
Permanently
From within

There is
An unspeakable
Depth
Of despair

Walking face first
Into more
Than you can bear

In the bitter revelation
That no relief is coming
That life is happening anyway

You do it
Because you have to
If you
Want to
Live
 
You do it
Though it
Forever
Leaves you
Wondering

Why
Such deep
Reserves
Of courage

Are demanded

From reserves
That have
Long since
Run dry

No comments :

Post a Comment