.widget.ContactForm { display: none; }

Saturday, April 3, 2021

Change

Here’s to people

Who take big leaps of change

By choice

 

Who shake things up

Willingly

On a regular basis

 

Because it’s usually

Someone else’s changes

That make me change

 

Someone else’s decision

To leave a job

That changes the nature

Of my job

 

Someone else’s decision 

To relocate

That turns my social circle 

Inside out

 

I do not change

By choice

 

I cling 

To each stage of life

Tightly

 

I hold on for dear life

 

Always feeling lucky 

To have made it 

To that space

 

Rather than considering that

 

Anything I have in life

Might be due

At least in part

To my own 

Good decisions

 

Anywhere I am in life

Might be the result

Of luck 

But also effort

 

Might be meant as

A stepping stone 

Along the path

To another

Destination

Rather than

A place 

I should 

Consider home

 

Hard not to view

Every place 

I find myself

As a life boat

I was just lucky 

To come across

 

Everything I have

As something

That will soon 

Be taken from me

If I’m not careful

 

It’s not relaxing

This way of thinking

 

Always feeling 

Like I’m just one step ahead

Of a very steep fall

 

Typically reacting to change

Rather than initiating it

 

Rarely leaping

But finding myself

In free fall 

Whenever others in my life

Do

No comments :

Post a Comment